Hancock County Veteran of the Year Nomination Form
Honoring the post-military achievements of outstanding veterans who promote patriotism and champion veteran efforts in Hancock County.
The Hancock County Veteran of the Year program recognizes the efforts of distinguished men and women who have worn the uniform of our nation’s armed forces and then continue to contribute to our community through exceptional acts of volunteerism, advocacy, professional distinction, public service and philanthropy. The nomination packet MUST focus on achievements and contributions outside of and beyond military service. This program is not intended to focus on what the military member accomplished while in uniform.
Who is eligible?
The veteran nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Must have been recognized for post-military achievements
- Must be a current Hancock County, Ohio resident
- Must have received an honorable discharge
- Must be of good moral character
- Must have either:
- Made significant contributions at the local, state or national level by achieving excellence in their selected field or professions, or
- Made significant contributions through volunteer work, donations, or philanthropic means.
Definition of Veteran
The definition of veteran, Ohio Revised Code 5903.01 – Veteran means any person who completed service in the armed forces, including the national guard of any state, or a reserve component of the armed forces, who has been discharged under honorable conditions from the armed forces or who has been transferred to the reserve with evidence of satisfactory service.
Submit nomination packages to the Hancock County Veterans Council at the below address.
DEADLINE: MARCH 1, 2024
Nomination package must include:
- Nomination Form
- Discharge papers (or confirm that the Hancock County Veterans Service Office has the form on file)
- Written submission outlining the involvement of this veteran in local veteran organizations, nonprofit work, philanthropy, volunteerism, and other community engagement
- Any additional documents, newspaper clippings, etc. to validate information shared in the package
Hancock County Veteran of the Year
Veterans Council President
c/o Hancock County Veterans Service Office
1100 E Main Cross St, Suite 123
Findlay OH, 45840
Or via email at Veterans@co.hancock.oh.us